May 27, 2016 – To be honest, when I scanned the Challenge List for the weeks ahead, this week’s FANTASY prompt didn’t thrill me. What the hell was I going to do with fantasy? I’m not a fan of creating an image with multiple photos in Photoshop (as many are doing). Plus… I’m not the fantasy type. Much more of a realist.
Then I got lucky. During a day-trip to the Salton Sea, a fantastical scene laid out before me. I snuck this shot while the mermaid glanced the other way. I call this “Fantasy Broken…
52 WEEK PHOTO CHALLENGE
WEEK 21: Fantasy/Artistic
Is this real life, or is this just fantasy…
Your artistic inspiration this week is fantasy.
Why “Fantasy Broken”? She kinda forgot to tuck her tail pouch underneath her. Oops! Killed the illusion a bit. Hopefully, the actual photographer making this shot noticed, ’cause the background was amazing. Great potential for a pretty shot.
So what else is new?
- Covered a TRUMP rally/protest and got doused in horse pee from the police horses. EWWW!!! Lessons learned? Certain people love to be in the middle of chaos. The PROVOKERS who couldn’t care less about the cause. I did not enjoy the day. On the upside, I had two nice former Marines as body guards who kept me safe in the melee.
- Still going strong on my 28 Day Challenge (on day 21). LOVE Piit28! Never has a workout given me this kind of energy. Even when I don’t feel like working out, I force myself to do the 28 minutes, and by the fourth round, feel amazing!
- The gluten-free thing didn’t cure the migraines, but I did discover lots of great recipes and will continue to cook with alternate flours. Love the brown rice flour!
- Tackling a rewrite on the manuscript my agent is shopping after some publisher feedback
- Looking forward to a three day weekend ahead! WOO HOO!!
Until next weeks HANDS…