Repurposing my skills from my career as a videojournalist into a freelance content creator specializing in writing, photography, video, and UGC.
- Former Emmy-Award-Winning Photojournalist for NBC Los Angeles
- Novelist featuring women who love things that go VROOM!
- Owner/Operator of the Motor Palace Mercantile in Winslow Arizona’s Historic Route 66 District
- Creator of the online magazine Winslow.Town
- And full-blown Motor Doll, who is happiest behind the wheel of her ’48 Ford, or blazing across the desert on a motorcycle.
When I was thirteen I got my first camera and have been seeing life through a viewfinder ever since. In 1994, I found my profession as a television News Photojournalist for NBC, first in San Luis Obispo CA, then in Los Angeles. Over my career, I met so many inspirational people, went around the world, and did things I could never have imagined, like leaning out the back of a Chinook helicopter with the National Guard, or sitting down with a First Lady for a one-on-one interview, or spending a month in Athens and Sydney and Salt Lake City for the Olympic games, or being in St. Peters Square during the Papal Conclave.
After twenty-four years in the news business, I’m branching out to freelance content creation, in search of more creative storytelling that focuses on the positive. Read the post that went viral about my decision.
OUTSIDE OF NEWS:
- Principal photographer on several episodes of the half-hour weekly show Travel Cafe, shooting in Fiji, Hong Kong, and Kauai, to name a few.
- DP on a documentary featuring nationally renowned artist, Milford Zornes—one of the coolest human beings I’ve ever met. Man. I hope to be like him when I’m 90.
- Cameraman for Juris Productions, shooting documentary-style videos for legal cases.
- Videographer/Editor/Producer for A Brief History of Winslow Arizona for the Winslow Historical Society
Besides old cars and motorcycles and photography, I love to write. At heart, I am a Storyteller.
- Blogging for more than twenty years
- Have written for publications
- Podcast writer
I’ve completed seven novels, with more in various states of completion. My debut novel MOTOR DOLLS, a girl-powered adventure following two Motor Dolls in search of life’s passion, sold out the first run.
Currently my agent Mary C. Moore of the Kimberley Cameron & Associates Agency is shopping my latest two novels, one, a 1935 road trip with a girl and a fabulous Buick, the other, a 1952 Gypsy Tour with twenty-two-year-old Greet and her 1936 Harley Davidson.
Freelance Content Creator
I live a swellegant vagabond life with my best feller, a whole bunch of misfit motorcycles, and of course, my beloved ’48 Ford Truck, Bondorella–splitting my time between Southern California and Winslow Arizona, where we are preserving two historic buildings.
If you think we’d be a good fit for your next project, hit the button below, and let’s chat!