June 20, 2016 – Summer solstice holds a special place in my heart. Brian and I got married on the solstice, a date Brian picked. He isn’t an overtly romantic guy, but man, when he lets romance fly, he does it right. He said he chose that date because he wanted our happiest day to fall on the longest day of the year (the 21st in 1998). Dreamy, right?
Lori Bentley Law
Fiction with VROOM!
Welcome to the landing site for all of my ramblings. Click around!”
Who am I?
Author, NBC news photojournalist, pie baker. Favorite things? My feller. My '48 Ford F1. And my beloved two-wheeled beasts who take me on the grandest adventures. Click the Camera to learn more!
Motor Doll News!
From Featured Motor Dolls around the world, to motoring adventures, updates on motorcycle and car projects, and Novel News, click the Star to go to the Motor Dolls blog.
The Other Blog
Believe it or not, I have a life outside things that go Vroom! This is the catch-all for everything else, including my current project, the 52 Week Photo challenge! Click the Pencil to read more!
- My Agent, Mary C. Moore, is currently shopping my upmarket historical novel, set in 1935, and–of course–involving a girl, an amazing car, and a grand adventure.
- My first novel published from Motor Palace Press–MOTOR DOLLS–is available now through my WEBSTORE or Amazon or Barnes and Noble online. Ebook available through Amazon only.
- Two More Novels in the Motor Dolls series are up next! Second one written and in the polishing stage, third one plotted and ready to write!
- A FANTASTIC new historical fiction in the works, stirred by a real life person who is truly fascinating. Can’t wait to tell her story!
- Any interest in a YA story about a girl obsessed with Mod Culture and Scooters? I wrote the manuscript several years ago and stuck it on a shelf. Drop me an email if you’d like to see me publish it.
- Be sure to sign up for the newsletter to get novel release notifications and more!
FEATURED BLOG POST
Beginning of the year, I took on the challenge of taking a photograph a week according to an assignment for the entire year: The Dogwood 52 Week Photo Challenge. Each week I’ll blog about the photo I made, and the challenges faced, like this photo, week one’s assignment of a self portrait. Check out why I decided to join!
THE NON-MOTOR BLOG
Week 24: Artistic Sparkles
June 15, 2016 – I’ll admit it. I like sparkles. My ’48 Ford, although stripped of paint, wears a clear coat with green and gold ice pearl mixed in. Subtle, yes, but oh! How she twinkles in the sun. The tartan stripe on my Bonneville, the Bonnie Lass, also sports some sparkle mixed in the blue. This week’s challenge prompt said, “Shoot what inspires you this week, just make sure it sparkles.” Lucky for me, I’m inspired by both the subject and the sparkles. (more…)
Week 23: Landscape Weather
June 10, 2016 – I have a method to this challenge thing. Each week, I look ahead several prompts so I have a few floating in my head, that way if an opportunity presents itself, I can take advantage of the moment, like I did for the Fantasy photo a couple weeks ago. And this week’s Landscape Weather. My one RULE is to use only photos specifically created for the challenge. (more…)
Week 21: Fantasy
May 27, 2016 – To be honest, when I scanned the Challenge List for the weeks ahead, this week’s FANTASY prompt didn’t thrill me. What the hell was I going to do with fantasy? I’m not a fan of creating an image with multiple photos in Photoshop (as many are doing). Plus… I’m not the fantasy type. Much more of a realist. (more…)