May 27, 2016 – To be honest, when I scanned the Challenge List for the weeks ahead, this week’s FANTASY prompt didn’t thrill me. What the hell was I going to do with fantasy? I’m not a fan of creating an image with multiple photos in Photoshop (as many are doing). Plus… I’m not the fantasy type. Much more of a realist. (more…)
Lori Bentley Law
Fiction with VROOM!
Welcome to the landing site for all of my ramblings. Click around!”
Who am I?
Author, NBC news photojournalist, pie baker. Favorite things? My feller. My '48 Ford F1. And my beloved two-wheeled beasts who take me on the grandest adventures. Click the Camera to learn more!
Motor Doll News!
From Featured Motor Dolls around the world, to motoring adventures, updates on motorcycle and car projects, and Novel News, click the Star to go to the Motor Dolls blog.
The Other Blog
Believe it or not, I have a life outside things that go Vroom! This is the catch-all for everything else, including my current project, the 52 Week Photo challenge! Click the Pencil to read more!
- My Agent, Mary C. Moore, is currently shopping my upmarket historical novel, set in 1935, and–of course–involving a girl, an amazing car, and a grand adventure.
- My first novel published from Motor Palace Press–MOTOR DOLLS–is available now through my WEBSTORE or Amazon or Barnes and Noble online. Ebook available through Amazon only.
- Two More Novels in the Motor Dolls series are up next! Second one written and in the polishing stage, third one plotted and ready to write!
- A FANTASTIC new historical fiction in the works, stirred by a real life person who is truly fascinating. Can’t wait to tell her story!
- Any interest in a YA story about a girl obsessed with Mod Culture and Scooters? I wrote the manuscript several years ago and stuck it on a shelf. Drop me an email if you’d like to see me publish it.
- Be sure to sign up for the newsletter to get novel release notifications and more!
FEATURED BLOG POST
Beginning of the year, I took on the challenge of taking a photograph a week according to an assignment for the entire year: The Dogwood 52 Week Photo Challenge. Each week I’ll blog about the photo I made, and the challenges faced, like this photo, week one’s assignment of a self portrait. Check out why I decided to join!
THE NON-MOTOR BLOG
Week 20: Night Owl Landscape
Week 19: Messy Portrait
May 13, 2016 – I came mighty close to calling this week a fail and using a shot I took last fall of my rock-star-chile-peeling-hubby (a fail because I vowed to shoot all challenge photos specifically for the challenge prompts, not pull from the past). I even wrote the post for the Messy Portrait calling it a fail and using the picture below. But then… an idea struck while Brian was making tortilla’s tonight. A recreation of the chile photo.
Week 18: Artistic Texture
May 6, 2016 – A couple of weekends ago, we left our weekend getaway in Yucca Valley for a day trip to Niland California’s Salvation Mountain. We’d been hearing about it for years, and finally made the trip. Leonard Knight’s art didn’t disappoint. Knowing we had a “Texture” challenge coming up, I shot the heck out of textures, which only made choosing harder. (more…)
Week 17: Urban Landscape
April 27, 2016 – Sure, Globe Arizona (population 7531) doesn’t scream URBAN Landscape, but I’m off on a birthday adventure avoiding urban, so this is the best I found. The back of the old train depot caught my eye as we drove past, so Brian kindly flipped a U-ey. He’s patient like that. (more…)