July 31, 2017 – People often ask how we–as news people–cope with reporting on people’s worst days, how we stay positive in a world of negative, how we find joy in what we do. I always say it’s the people we meet, whose stories we tell–good or bad–that make the job rewarding. (more…)
Lori Bentley Law
Fiction with VROOM!
Who am I?
Author, NBC news photojournalist, reformed pie baker. Favorite things? My feller. My '48 Ford F1. And my beloved two-wheeled beasts who take me on the grandest adventures. Click the Camera to learn more!
Motor Doll News!
From Featured Motor Dolls around the world, to motoring adventures, and updates on motorcycle and car projects, click the Star to go to the Motor Dolls blog.
The Other Blog
Believe it or not, I have a life outside things that go Vroom! This is the catch-all for everything else, photography, fitness, writing, and occasionally work! Click the Pencil to read more!
- My Agent, Mary C. Moore, is currently shopping my upmarket historical novel, set in 1935, and–of course–involving a girl, an amazing car, and a grand adventure.
- Also in Mary’s capable hands, my latest novel, set in 1950, 18-year-old Greet sets off on her 1936 Harley-Davidson to escape a violent family event from her childhood. But sometimes, no matter how fast the machine, the past catches up
- My first novel published from Motor Palace Press–MOTOR DOLLS–is available now through my WEBSTORE or Amazon or Barnes and Noble online. Ebook available through Amazon only.
- An exciting new historical fiction in the works, stirred by a real life person who is truly fascinating. Can’t wait to tell her story!
- Also planning to finish a ghost story I started several years ago!
- Be sure to sign up for the newsletter to get novel release notifications and more!
FEATURED BLOG POST
If you’re cruising around the site, and find disconnected images, there’s a reason why! Trying to clean up our hosting, a major file got deleted, and all my images were trashed! Gradually I’m rebuilding, so please be patient. Click the link to read more.
THE NON-MOTOR BLOG
Bum Shoulder and a 4 Our Heroes Shoot
// Lori // Being a News Photog 1 Response
Friday July 21, 2017 – As you may know, I’m a television photojournalist. For twenty-three years I’ve covered news for NBC Los Angeles, not only around Southern California but also the world, loaded down with a beast of a camera–which leads to where I am now, with a bum shoulder. But hey… I’m adaptable, right? (more…)
Feeling disconnected? Me too! Site crash!!
// Lori // Random Stuff No Responses
July 16, 2017 – Howdy friends! If you’ve cruised either Motor Dolls or my author site this week, you may have found disconnected pictures or wonky formatting. There’s a reason why. (And no… it has nothing to do with this randomly placed photo of my tailgate I took today…) Talk about a major site crash! (more…)