February 9, 2017 – Forgive me, but I’m going to take a brief detour away from the fun stuff–like noveling and photography and fitness–and chat about something not so fun:
Lori Bentley Law
Fiction with VROOM!
Welcome to the landing site for all of my ramblings. Click around!”
Who am I?
Author, NBC news photojournalist, reformed pie baker. Favorite things? My feller. My '48 Ford F1. And my beloved two-wheeled beasts who take me on the grandest adventures. Click the Camera to learn more!
Motor Doll News!
From Featured Motor Dolls around the world, to motoring adventures, and updates on motorcycle and car projects, click the Star to go to the Motor Dolls blog.
The Other Blog
Believe it or not, I have a life outside things that go Vroom! This is the catch-all for everything else, photography, fitness, writing, and occasionally work! Click the Pencil to read more!
- My Agent, Mary C. Moore, is currently shopping my upmarket historical novel, set in 1935, and–of course–involving a girl, an amazing car, and a grand adventure.
- My first novel published from Motor Palace Press–MOTOR DOLLS–is available now through my WEBSTORE or Amazon or Barnes and Noble online. Ebook available through Amazon only.
- Two More Novels in the Motor Dolls series are up next! Second one written and in the polishing stage, third one plotted and ready to write!
- An exciting new historical fiction in the works, stirred by a real life person who is truly fascinating. Can’t wait to tell her story!
- Any interest in a YA story about a girl obsessed with Mod Culture and Scooters? I wrote Scooter Girl several years ago and stuck it on a shelf. Drop me an email if you’d like to see me publish it. Also wrote a Middle Grade novel called, The Undergrounders
- Be sure to sign up for the newsletter to get novel release notifications and more!
FEATURED BLOG POST
2016 52 Week Photo Challenge is DONE!!
Well, I did it! The Dogwood 52 Week Photo Challenge: One picture a week, on a specific assignment, for the entire year, along with the self-imposed assignment of a weekly blogpost. Whew! Read a full wrap-up of the year, by clicking here. Curious why I started this? Why I decided to join!
THE NON-MOTOR BLOG
Week 52: Self Portrait #2
December 26, 2016 – Yep. Here we are. The final image of the Dogwood 52 Week photo challenge. We started with a Self Portrait. We’re ending with a Self Portrait. Narcissistic or not, Self Portraits serve a purpose: One, we can experiment photographically without annoying another person–and two, sometimes when you’re in an interesting situation, including yourself gives the photo context and meaning in the future–and frankly, I prefer seeing a person in a scene rather than just the scene. (more…)
Week 51: Artistic Art
December 20, 2016 – Weekend before last my pal Cindy and I went to a wet-plate collodion photography workshop. What is wet-plate you ask? Instead of shooting on a negative and processing the film, you make the image directly on a collodion-and-silver-nitrate-coated piece of tin or glass. Yep. Good old tin types. Afterward, I kicked myself for not shooting the process with my DSLR for this week’s Artistic Art, but then realized the image itself a piece of art. (more…)
Week 50: Landscape Symmetrical
December 14, 2016 – Symmetry. It’s harder to find than you might think. I mean, symmetry exists by design in buildings and cars and… things, but finding symmetry in separate entities proved to be a challenge. I kept making shots and then later realizing they represented pattern more than symmetry. But as I loaded the newsvan after shooting interviews with USC football payers about making it into the Rose Bowl, I looked ahead and saw this. Landscape Symmetrical. (more…)
Week 49: Portrait Dance
December 7, 2016 – Wow. Reckon we’re on the big countdown now. Only THREE photos to go! When I scanned the list a few weeks ago, and saw Portrait Dance coming up, I broke out in a sweat–and not from shaking my booty. I’m never around dancers! What the heck was I going to do?? (more…)