July 20, 2016 – In case you didn’t notice, I skipped Week 28, Portrait/Family. I fully intend to make the photo, but a lousy week-long migraine last week made the idea of putting my puffy mug in front of a camera horrifying. So… we’re skipping ahead to Waterscape. I wanted something unusual for the waterscape, so made this photo while out at the Salton Sea a few weeks ago, specifically for this prompt. (more…)
Lori Bentley Law
Fiction with VROOM!
Welcome to the landing site for all of my ramblings. Click around!”
Who am I?
Author, NBC news photojournalist, pie baker. Favorite things? My feller. My '48 Ford F1. And my beloved two-wheeled beasts who take me on the grandest adventures. Click the Camera to learn more!
Motor Doll News!
From Featured Motor Dolls around the world, to motoring adventures, and updates on motorcycle and car projects, click the Star to go to the Motor Dolls blog.
The Other Blog
Believe it or not, I have a life outside things that go Vroom! This is the catch-all for everything else, including my current project, the 52 Week Photo challenge! Click the Pencil to read more!
- My Agent, Mary C. Moore, is currently shopping my upmarket historical novel, set in 1935, and–of course–involving a girl, an amazing car, and a grand adventure.
- My first novel published from Motor Palace Press–MOTOR DOLLS–is available now through my WEBSTORE or Amazon or Barnes and Noble online. Ebook available through Amazon only.
- Two More Novels in the Motor Dolls series are up next! Second one written and in the polishing stage, third one plotted and ready to write!
- A FANTASTIC new historical fiction in the works, stirred by a real life person who is truly fascinating. Can’t wait to tell her story!
- Any interest in a YA story about a girl obsessed with Mod Culture and Scooters? I wrote the manuscript several years ago and stuck it on a shelf. Drop me an email if you’d like to see me publish it.
- Be sure to sign up for the newsletter to get novel release notifications and more!
FEATURED BLOG POST
Beginning of the year, I took on the challenge of taking a photograph a week according to an assignment for the entire year: The Dogwood 52 Week Photo Challenge. Each week I’ll blog about the photo I made, and the challenges faced, like this photo, week one’s assignment of a self portrait. Check out why I decided to join!
THE NON-MOTOR BLOG
Week 28: Portrait/Family
July 13, 2016 – I still haven’t made my family portrait, but I totally will. Brian and I need a fresh picture of the two of us, but migraines have kept me from wanting to put my mug in front of the camera. Soon, though. Soon. For now, consider this a placeholder. (more…)
Week 26: Landscape Simplified
June 30, 2016 – You can’t get much simpler for a “landscape simplified” than a high-desert vista, with its sparse vegetation, amazing skies, and long-forgotten treasures, like the ruins of this limestone mine where we made camp. During both days of our adventure, we never saw another soul, just wide open spaces and the quietest quiet you’ve ever heard. (more…)
Week 25: Portrait Silhouette
June 20, 2016 – Summer solstice holds a special place in my heart. Brian and I got married on the solstice, a date Brian picked. He isn’t an overtly romantic guy, but man, when he lets romance fly, he does it right. He said he chose that date because he wanted our happiest day to fall on the longest day of the year (the 21st in 1998). Dreamy, right?