Let’s take a break for Spring with a few iPhone flower photos, shall we? (more…)
Lori Bentley Law
Fiction with VROOM!
Welcome to the landing site for all of my ramblings. Click around!”
Who am I?
Author, NBC news photojournalist, reformed pie baker. Favorite things? My feller. My '48 Ford F1. And my beloved two-wheeled beasts who take me on the grandest adventures. Click the Camera to learn more!
Motor Doll News!
From Featured Motor Dolls around the world, to motoring adventures, and updates on motorcycle and car projects, click the Star to go to the Motor Dolls blog.
The Other Blog
Believe it or not, I have a life outside things that go Vroom! This is the catch-all for everything else, photography, fitness, writing, and occasionally work! Click the Pencil to read more!
- My Agent, Mary C. Moore, is currently shopping my upmarket historical novel, set in 1935, and–of course–involving a girl, an amazing car, and a grand adventure.
- My first novel published from Motor Palace Press–MOTOR DOLLS–is available now through my WEBSTORE or Amazon or Barnes and Noble online. Ebook available through Amazon only.
- First draft done, editing in progress on my latest, set in 1950. 18-year-old Greet sets off on her 1936 Harley-Davidson to escape a violent family event from her childhood. But sometimes, no matter how fast the machine, the past catches up.
- An exciting new historical fiction in the works, stirred by a real life person who is truly fascinating. Can’t wait to tell her story!
- Any interest in a YA story about a girl obsessed with Mod Culture and Scooters? I wrote Scooter Girl several years ago and stuck it on a shelf. Drop me an email if you’d like to see me publish it. Also wrote a Middle Grade novel called, The Undergrounders
- Be sure to sign up for the newsletter to get novel release notifications and more!
FEATURED BLOG POST
2016 52 Week Photo Challenge is DONE!!
Well, I did it! The Dogwood 52 Week Photo Challenge: One picture a week, on a specific assignment, for the entire year, along with the self-imposed assignment of a weekly blogpost. Whew! Read a full wrap-up of the year, by clicking here. Curious why I started this? Why I decided to join!
THE NON-MOTOR BLOG
Dogwood 2017 – Old Things I Love
February 25, 2017 – Howdy! If you’ve been following along, you know in 2016 I participated in the Dogwood 52 Week Photo Challenge, one photo a week on an assigned topic, and since I’m a writer, I added the additional challenge of writing a weekly blog post about the image made. Whew. This year, I’m giving myself a break. Although I’m participating in the Dogwood 2017 Advanced 52 Week Photo challenge, I’m going to focus my writing on what matters… my novels.
Week 52: Self Portrait #2
December 26, 2016 – Yep. Here we are. The final image of the Dogwood 52 Week photo challenge. We started with a Self Portrait. We’re ending with a Self Portrait. Narcissistic or not, Self Portraits serve a purpose: One, we can experiment photographically without annoying another person–and two, sometimes when you’re in an interesting situation, including yourself gives the photo context and meaning in the future–and frankly, I prefer seeing a person in a scene rather than just the scene. (more…)
Week 51: Artistic Art
December 20, 2016 – Weekend before last my pal Cindy and I went to a wet-plate collodion photography workshop. What is wet-plate you ask? Instead of shooting on a negative and processing the film, you make the image directly on a collodion-and-silver-nitrate-coated piece of tin or glass. Yep. Good old tin types. Afterward, I kicked myself for not shooting the process with my DSLR for this week’s Artistic Art, but then realized the image itself a piece of art. (more…)