October 18, 2016 – Yeah, yeah. I know. I skipped week 41, Landscape Get High, but I have a shot I want to make for that prompt, and can’t until this weekend at Babes Ride Out 4!!! So, instead I give you Week 42, Artistic Minimalist, from the visually stunning The Race of Gentlemen, better known as TROG. (more…)
Lori Bentley Law
Fiction with VROOM!
Welcome to the landing site for all of my ramblings. Click around!”
Who am I?
Author, NBC news photojournalist, pie baker. Favorite things? My feller. My '48 Ford F1. And my beloved two-wheeled beasts who take me on the grandest adventures. Click the Camera to learn more!
Motor Doll News!
From Featured Motor Dolls around the world, to motoring adventures, and updates on motorcycle and car projects, click the Star to go to the Motor Dolls blog.
The Other Blog
Believe it or not, I have a life outside things that go Vroom! This is the catch-all for everything else, including my current project, the 52 Week Photo challenge! Click the Pencil to read more!
- My Agent, Mary C. Moore, is currently shopping my upmarket historical novel, set in 1935, and–of course–involving a girl, an amazing car, and a grand adventure.
- My first novel published from Motor Palace Press–MOTOR DOLLS–is available now through my WEBSTORE or Amazon or Barnes and Noble online. Ebook available through Amazon only.
- Two More Novels in the Motor Dolls series are up next! Second one written and in the polishing stage, third one plotted and ready to write!
- An exciting new historical fiction in the works, stirred by a real life person who is truly fascinating. Can’t wait to tell her story!
- Any interest in a YA story about a girl obsessed with Mod Culture and Scooters? I wrote Scooter Girl several years ago and stuck it on a shelf. Drop me an email if you’d like to see me publish it. Also wrote a Middle Grade novel called, The Undergrounders
- Be sure to sign up for the newsletter to get novel release notifications and more!
FEATURED BLOG POST
Beginning of the year, I took on the challenge of taking a photograph a week according to an assignment for the entire year: The Dogwood 52 Week Photo Challenge. Each week I’ll blog about the photo I made, and the challenges faced, like this photo, week one’s assignment of a self portrait. Check out why I decided to join!
THE NON-MOTOR BLOG
Week 40: Portrait Chair
October 5, 2017 – Every year we take a week’s vacation in October to hang out with our 100-year-old building in Winslow Arizona. Why October? The annual Just Cruisin’ car show, of course! Friday the cars roll in, then there’s a Cacklefest–basically a noise contest between the loudest of the loud–and then Friday night they do a burn out contest on 1st street, something you’d never see in California. (more…)
Week 39: Artistic Handmade
September 28, 2016 – The Motor Palace and I instantly connected five years ago. The more Brian and I bring this building back to life, the more our bond grows. Strange I find such peace in a place that spent most of its life as a pool hall, but I do. Too bad we don’t have more time together. During the year, Brian and I make several trips, but October is the big one, when we push aside the construction debris, and set things up all pretty-like for the annual Winslow car show.
Week 38: Landscape Low
September 21, 2016 – Totally not in the mood to write a blog post this week, so I’ll just give you the Landscape Low shot and some others taken over the weekend at Joshua Tree National Park. The trees look like invading aliens shot from a low perspective, don’t you think? (more…)
Week 37: Portrait Fashion
// Lori // Random Stuff No Responses
September 14, 2016 – Sometimes the Universe perfectly aligns and the photo challenge drops into my lap, like this week’s Portrait Fashion. A fellow moto-girl (and phenomenal photographer) announced her new line of American-Made women’s coveralls (check them out here) so of course I immediately pre-ordered mine and guess when they came? Yep. This week. AND… she asked for a picture of me wearing them. Two birds; one stone. (more…)