Lori Bentley Law
Who am I?
Author, NBC news photojournalist, reformed pie baker. Favorite things? My feller. My '48 Ford F1. And my beloved two-wheeled beasts who take me on the grandest adventures. Click the Camera to learn more!
Motor Doll News!
From Featured Motor Dolls around the world, to motoring adventures, and updates on motorcycle and car projects, click the Star to go to the Motor Dolls blog.
The Other Blog
Believe it or not, I have a life outside things that go Vroom! This is the catch-all for everything else, photography, fitness, writing, and occasionally work! Click the Pencil to read more!
- On submission to editors from my agent, Mary C. Moore, historical fiction , set in 1952, following the adventures of 22-year-old Greet and her 1936 Harley-Davidson.
- On hold with my agent, an upmarket historical novel, set in 1935, and–of course–involving a girl, an amazing car, and a grand adventure.
- A ghost story I started years ago, told between two time periods and three characters, inspired by my great-aunt Georgia.
- My first novel published from Motor Palace Press–MOTOR DOLLS— SOLD OUT THE FIRST PRINTING! Stand by for updates on future runs.
DOWN THE ROAD:
- An historical fiction, stirred by a real-life person who is truly fascinating. Can’t wait to tell her story.
Sign up for the newsletter for release notifications and more!
FEATURED BLOG POST
Three months after selling our house, we are still living like part-time vagabonds, and loving it! So when are we going to settle down in one spot? Beats me! Going to keep bouncing around from Airbnbs to hotels to (hopefully soon) our 1966 Airstream, until it no longer makes us happy. Click the link to read about the beginning of our Vagabond life.
THE NON-MOTOR BLOG
Letters to Charlie: August 25, 1907
// Lori // Letters to Charlie No Responses
Hello again! The latest draft of my novel has gone through beta readers, and is back in the hands of my agent. Finally! Editing always takes longer than planned. With that done, I can at long last, dive into the Letters to Charlie project. (more…)
Bring on the OLD, 2018!
// Lori // Letters to Charlie, The Swellegant Life 2 Responses
Happy New Year!
There’s an idiom I’m sure you’re familiar with:
“Out with the old, in with the new.”
I disagree with the philosophy of trading the old for the new, because old things tend to be significantly better. The Royal typewriter above was built in 1939 and still works like a charm, as does the 1951 Singer 66 sewing machine. Think the device you’re reading this on is going to work eighty years from now in 2098? How’s that flip phone working out for you? (more…)
Happy Factors and Internet-Free Writing Zones
// Lori // Health, Migraine Miracle, Random Stuff, Writing 3 Responses
Sometimes a girl has to get in her truck, drive to the middle of nowhere, climb onto a boulder, and reflect on the happy factors. I spent last week doing that, amongst other things, and you know what I discovered? (more…)